Friday, March 13, 2020

Distance Learning

Hello parents! I know you've probably already heard that our school is moving to distance learning for the next three weeks to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

It's a very scary time for our kids, and I did my best to reassure students today that the measures being taken are mainly precautionary and to keep our healthcare system from being overrun by the small percentage of serious cases.

I know that many are disappointed and sad at all the cancellations of special events that many have prepared for and looked forward to, such as concerts, sporting events, and school dances. I hope we can all help each other and keep each others' spirits up throughout this unusual time.

I have already prepped assignments for students' first week of distance learning. Freshman have two activities - the Prereading Nearpod, and the Turtle Symbolism Pratice. Juniors are to read and answer questions about an article - "What You Don't Know Can Kill You" - and finish their evidence logs. By Friday, 3/20, their entire log should be complete, except for the McCarthyism schmoop article, which we skipped.

Distance learning will begin on Wednesday, 3/18. Please remind students to be checking Google Classroom each day.

Students do not need to worry about completing anything else for next week. Please have them email me with questions!

I hope you all stay well, wash your hands, and be wise in the upcoming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment